You guys! Work sucks! It sucks the life out of me. It sucks my time. It sucks up all my brain power. This week when I’ve rolled into the ol’ driveway I have been completely empty of all ability to take care of even the simplest of tasks.
So that’s been fun.
I feel like this is all I’ve talked about since I’ve been back to work for about a month now, So I won’t give it a lot of time and thought on here. If you’ve read my posts for a while you know how I feel. You know that its hard. You know that it sucks. Enough said.
So I’m excited because Its LABOR DAY! An ENTIRELY USELESS holiday that is for the sole purpose of blowing-off steam. Really excited. Jeff and I were planning a camping trip with some friends and my sister and her husband, but since its 1,000 degrees outside and my sister has been sick, I’m not sure we’re going to make it. I love the great outdoors, but right now I what I don’t love is all that the outdoors brings with it. The bug bites NEED TO STOP guys! I can’t itch anymore. I just can’t.
So we have some other options I’m thinking of cooking up to celebrate the holiday and generate some smiles for myself and my husband who is equally as stressed and over-tired as I am. We’ll see how things pan out.
A few things I plan to do for sure:
- Window shop. SO MANY GOOD SALES online. I love sitting in front of my computer with a glass of something adult-ish and dreaming of well crafted shoes and skirts and boots and interiors and YOU NAME IT I LOVE TO SHOP.
- Go to Elle’s Patisserie at least twice. Like I need more ice cream and iced coffees in my life. Our Starbucks just got PSL (pumpkin spiced lattes!) in but I’ll be damned if I drink that deliciousness for the first time when my body is covered in sweat. I’ll enjoy the treats that match the season, thanks.
- Start planning Elias’ birthday party. He’s 10.5 months old. Its coming! I have so many ideas and want to start pinning the crap out of them.
- Help Jeff with the Mystery Hour. Poor guy is up to his ears in to-do list items before the show starts taping again September 6th. (PLUG). He really needs help with the set. Luckily he has a wife who LOVES TO SHOP. (see #1).
- Pray. I could use a little reflection time and help from above. This may help me prevent two things from happening: 1) My husband leaving me– I’ve been a little testy lately. (He still loves me guys, this is a joke… sort of). 2) Me getting fired. Um, I’m super worried I am going to miss something important that I am supposed to be doing because THERE IS SO MUCH OF THAT GOING ON RIGHT NOW.
Last thing, remember that one time last week when I said I was going to post pictures of my walks in the woods because I went on about four of them in one week? Yeah, I didn’t do that. I just kept going to bed early these last two weeks and couldn’t muster the energy to write anything. So, here they are. About two weeks after the fact. Here’s to hoping it gets nice out again so I can enjoy the great outdoors soon.
XOXO. Hence go forth and hug someone and tell them Happy Friday.